Re: GT6 Valences

To: Spitfire Mail List <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: GT6 Valences
From: Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 11:21:00 -0400
Sauna types,
  FWIW the side valences from Victoria British are manufactured in
England
and do have the metal rail at the top. From what I can tell they are the
same
as my originals (less the crud). My only suggestion is to repaint the
metal
and pressboard with several coats of epoxy paint to make them more
waterproof, last longer, and easier to keep clean..
   I have to agree with Barry about the one in front of the radiator
collapsing. I installed a batten from an old sail on the inside of mine
keep this from happening. If I still had access to sheet metal tools it
would
no longer be pressboard.
Richard Ceraldi
71 GT6 MKIII KF166L