Re: Brakes - feel

To: jim.gambony@eds.com
Subject: Re: Brakes - feel
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 07:36:03 +0000
I adjusted the rear brakes last night, and it has improved it a bit.  I
am know happy to let MOT person test my brakes.  I think the rest of the
feel of the brakes it dew to new disks and pads.  Anyway they don't
stick on...  Mind you I have a feeling I may need to get my rear drums
trued.  I think they may have warped very slightly.  This is probably
because I am fussy or something, but being fussy allowed me to get my
bikes 20 to 0 mph down to 8 feet (back wheel maintained 2" in the air
though!).

I also discovered what a real pain replacing the hand brake cable is.
You have to put the front fork of the UK at 30 degrees from horizontal,
with the space facing the hand brake guide, pull the hand brake through
into the space, unit 1" of cable proper is through, then turn the UJ so
it goes to 10 degrees and pull the rest through.  Twist it round and
thread it through the rest then you have to untwist it as you pull it
though.   Horrible it took half an hour to figure out the first side.

Am I rambling?
--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot