Re: Spitefire/GT-6 Dash

To: Robb Tones <Robb_Tones@bc.sympatico.ca>,
Subject: Re: Spitefire/GT-6 Dash
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@idirect.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 08:30:45 -0400
The VTR web pages have a good description for re-finishing the dash but they
recommend a paint stripper. Since you have used one or two, I don't know what
else would help. I agree with you that you should never sand it. I can only
suggest trying another stripper and let it stand for several minutes. Another
trick is to cover the stripper with a sheet of vinyl food wrap. This prevents it
from evaporating and allows it to work longer on the painted surface.

Vic Whitmore
76 Spitfire
Thornhill, Ontario