Re: Convert. Tops

To: "Spitfires List" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Re: Convert. Tops
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 10:01:36 -0400
I purchased my 1970 Mk3 Robbins top from TRF and have been very happy with
both the fit and the quality. It has the zippered rear window, just like
the original. If you get a Robbins, make sure you get ALL the right
fasteners...they are included in the kit. My kit did not include all the
necessary fasteners. TRF promptly sent another package of fasteners from
Robbins but it also did not have everything needed. In fact, between the
two kits there were not all the fasteners needed. TRF simply sent the bits
that I needed from their own stock.

I used the information in the Practical Classics "On Spitfire Restoration"
book (the one with the black cover and the Mk3 on the cover) and the Porter
& Williams "Guide to Purchase & DIY Restoration of the Triumph Spitfire,
GT6, Hearald & Vitesse" book. Both were helpful and had some good pictures
to assist.