Strange Radio Short -Reply

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, hamilton@ptd.net
Subject: Strange Radio Short -Reply
From: KEVIN EDDINS <EDDINSK@NRISO.NOLA.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 20:19:09 -0500
I had the same problem with an older Kenwood of mine.  It happened that
the body of the radio wanted to be grounded to the chassis of the car, in
addition to the ground wire.  Depending where I sat or what was
touched around the radio, it would react intermitantly.  For a while the
radio was grounding at the mounts for the radio knobs (off and on).
Does this make sense?

I'm not sure if this is typical of all radios, but it was my problem.

Kevin

>>> Edward Hamilton <hamilton@ptd.net> 08/29/98 03:12pm >>>
Here is a strange one.
The radio plays until I sit in the driver side seat, at which time it
shorts.  I've removed the seats, checked everything, to no availe.  Now,
in trying to isolate it, I find that if I press on the prop shaft hump
(just in front of the parking brake) it shorts.  I know there are no
wires under there, but I have raised the car and checked under it.  When
the car is in the raised position, a short no longer exists??

Regards,
Ed Hamilton