Did You Buy a SPIT in MD 08/98?

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Did You Buy a SPIT in MD 08/98?
From: Jerry <lensman@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 20:22:00 -0400
Sorry to bomb the list with this muck but I was wondering if anyone out
there knows of or perhaps was the buyer of a 1979 Spit from Glen Burnie,
MD.  The reason I ask is because a friend of mine got burnt in the
tranaction by the seller and is contemplating a small claims court
action.  It seems that the seller and he arrived at a deal to be
consumated with the exchange of cash (2) days later.  My friend showed
up with cash only to be told by the seller that their deal was off as he
was selling it to another buyer.  My friend wasn't even given the option
of matching the supposed price.  It was bad enough that my friend didn't
get the car.  But  make matters worse this all transpired in front of
his 11 year old son.  The son had his heart set on the car (has been
after dad to get one for a couple of years).  The boy is really into
engines and mechanics and Dad wants this car type model to fufill his
sons thirst for knowledge as well as accomadating his own desires.  This
type of crap really doesn't need to occur.  It's one thing to be out bid
but not even given a fair shake is another.  My friend seems to think he
has a good case as he has witness (not including his son) and an E-mail
message from the seller saying the deal was off.  If you have any info
about this I' d be interested.  Please post it to me directly and lets
keep it off the list.  Thank you I just needed to vent some frustration.

Jerry - 1968 GT6 Mk1