fuse holder melted

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: fuse holder melted
From: ualbert@juno.com
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 22:39:28 -0500
Well my Spitty once again overheated just when I thought i had it fixed.
The fan didn't turn on again. So I look at the fuse holder to see if it
blew, and I couldn't even get it off! The fuse was "fused" onto the
holder, and the plastic melted in such a way that the main contact melted
over to the side, and hence, no connection. After fiddling with it for a
while I rigged it back together and got home.

A couple questions:

1. What is doing this? I'm assuming too high of a voltage

2. Is the fuse going to the fan unit 100% neccessary? I've had so many
problems I'm wondering whether just to hard wire it and bypass the fuse.
There seems to be another fuse holder in the line of wires for this
thing.

3. What is the fuse rating for this?