Service Bulletins

To: Spitfire Mail List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Service Bulletins
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 13:15:35 -0700
I have been doing some research on copy costs of the service bulletins
and here is what I have found.

There are a total of 462 individual pages (including double sides) in
the material.  They are bulletins that range from 1954 through 1978.
But there is very little in the 1970's.  And they are not a complete set
by any means.

I can have 1 or 2 sets copied for about $33.
3 to 6 sets would cost about $28.
7 to 10 sets would cost about $24.
11 to 16 sets would cost about $19.
and 17 or more would cost about $17.

Add to that the cost of shipping book rate (I haven't a clue of that
cost) and that would be what each person who wants a copy would have to
pay.

Now the magic question, How many of you would like to have a copy for
your library.  And more importantly, how many of you would like to
participate in the scanning/typing or whatever is required to get them
into a form suitable for publishing on the internet.

I have had offers of web space from Tom Jell and Ken Streeter so the
project has a home if we can distribute the work load to enough people
that it can be done without requiring any one individual to go into
seclusion for a couple of years to complete the project.

I eagerly await all the replies from all interested parties.  Even those
who want a copy and don't have the time to participate in the scanning
will help lower the copy costs for those of us who do.

Regards,
Joe

  -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer