Re: Engine paint (valve cover colors)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Engine paint (valve cover colors)
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 06:38:15 -0800
--------------------------
>What color were 72 MK 4 valve covers.  Mine is silver/gray, but I have
>never been sure it was original. The t-stat housing and a few other places
>are orange.  Any of that original?
I'll kill two birds with one stone here.  The MK1 GT6's (among probably
others) came STANDARD with chrome valve covers (was supposed to add a
little class to the upscale coupe), and the valve covers for the MK4 Spits
were the *warm* silver color.  The thermostat housing should be a dark grey
almost black/green color (at least my original was.  Possibly anodized?).

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (someday soon back on the road)