Re: Engine paint

To: "nikolai jaremka" <njaremka@yahoo.com>, <Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Engine paint
From: "James Carpenter" <jc_carpenter@softhome.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 19:49:25 -0000
Only problem is with the paint you use, one black paint can remove loads of
heat, whilst another won't remove much at all.  Matt is definiatly the best.
But if you choose a paint that reflects inferred, it's not unknow for some
pigments to do this then it's heat radiation abilitiy goes down.  Your best
way of testing this is to paint some things black with different paints, and
see which get's hotest in the sun.

This is also why you should paint your manifold white or silver.  Mine is
painted light red-orangy pink-white where it gets realy hot .  Definately
notice the drop in underbonet temperature.  When I replace my system with a
nice SS manifold and rear, I will paint it, and try to paint it inside as
whell.  White.  This way the exhaust heats up quicker, evaperating all the
moisture off, and keeps the radiated heat to a minimum.