rear axle question

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: rear axle question
From: Huw Upshall <hupshall@wolfenet.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 20:46:37 -0800
OK, I'm taking apart the rear axles and I have run into a problem.
Somebody out there must know this:

Ok, I have removed the axle hub.
Now, according to the directions, I push the inner hub down the axle shaft
to expose the outer bearing so I can remove it.  Here is my problem, the
axle is machined so that the inner hub can only go down the shaft a certain
distance.  With the inner hub pushed down the shaft as far as it will go, I
can not get to the far side of the bearing to remove it.  Wassup??

question:

What is the proper way to dismantle the rear axle so I can replace all of
the oil seals and check the bearings??

thanks.

 Huw Upshall                      Email:
                                        @home: hupshall@wolfenet.com
                                        @work: hupshall@microsoft.com
                                  http:
                                        @home: www.wolfenet.com/~hupshall

 'Misspelled?  Impossible!  My modem is Error-Correcting!'