Re: Spitfire map light

To: "Atwell Haines" <carbuff@nac.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire map light
From: "James Carpenter" <jc_carpenter@softhome.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 01:10:17 -0000
Snap...

Only thing it I LIKE IT ON!

I can use it to assist me in questioning my passengers when they proceed to
get me lost.   No a car with out a functioning map is silly.  It tells me
when I go over a big bump if the music's too loud and bouncing around with
the music.

I'll tell you what the problem is,  your suspension is crap.  You need to
overhaul the complete system. New shocks, springs, bushes, the whole lot.
It's the only way to stop it falling down.  I mean they would not design the
car with a map light that falls down when you go over a bump.  And what can
go wrong with a map light it's so simple.  NO  If it falls then there is
something seriously wrong with the suspension.   Only thing left....

Mean while back at the farm....

Are you double folding it?   The maplight needs to be folded on both pivots
to keep the centre of gravity in.

By the way what bulb do you use in there?  I use one from the gauges, but
it's quite dim and I am sure it's not correct.