paint color

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: paint color
From: PLOSCAR@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 17:50:24 EST
This is my first submission to the list, although I have been an avid reader.
Just bought a 67 Mk III.  It is still original, although I believe there was
some touchup work done on the "bonnet".  Getting ready to paint.  I want to
stay with original color (racing green).  Any suggestions on brand, type, and
color code of paint?  I have never painted a car before and intend to get
help.  However, I saw a recent post where initial preparation work, including
painting the floorboard and jambs was done prior to spraying the outside body.
Does that meet with everyone's approval?

Bruce Larson
Hilo, Hawaii