Petrol, continued...

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Petrol, continued...
From: Susan Hensley <susan@bearcom.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 11:13:34 -0600
Hi all!

Here is a message from my busy sister, who is a gasoline chemical
engineer with Amoco in Chicago:

    "The refinery ChE is about 50% right.  Seems to NOT be from
     midwest/northwest.  He's 100% WRONG re "minimum octane to keep your
     car from knocking" if you are talking about any newer cars, tho in
     general correct if you are only talking re Spitfires, or older cars
     without the vastly improved computer chip controls that became
     prevalent mid- to late-80's.  I'll explain better when I have more
     time, maybe not 'til next week, tho."

I'll send her extended response if and when I get it.

Keep Triumphing,
Susan Hensley   :)