Weber DCOE Information

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weber DCOE Information
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 14:35:48 -0800
Calling all Spitfire DCOE owners.

My brain is working overtime about right now and I need some dimensions.

I am contemplating the fabrication of an intake manifold for a 1300
engine in order to adapt twin Weber DCOE's and I currently do not have
the dimensions of the carb.  I know that they are wider than an SU or
ZS.

So anybody who has a DCOE on a Spit, please measure the width of the
maniflod from the head to the flange where the carb mounts.  With that
dimension, I can use it as a "Maximum width" for designing a manifold.

Thanks,
Joe Curry
 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer