RE: Idiot Parts Guys (kind lengthy, sorry)

To: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>, "'Colhard, Chuck'" <ColhardC@cadmus.com>,
Subject: RE: Idiot Parts Guys (kind lengthy, sorry)
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A. RP2)
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 13:04:38
  For real parts people go to a NAPA or the oldest auto
>parts house in your town. Those folks Know what they are selling.

Well for what it is worth,  My acclerator cable was the problem,  It was
frayed to no end.   So I went to the local NAPA.  I assumed they would not
have my cable, which was fine.  What I wanted was any cable I could get to
work.  The spit cable lists it as being 51 and 1/4 inch long.  Well the guy
was basically a repeat of Ricks story.  I told him find me any cable that
is 51" long and I will make it work.  He then sat there and argued with me!
 Saying "everyone says that and then they bring it back,  I can't sell you
the wrong one".  He actually told to just go to the Triumph dealer and pick
on up! HA!  after almost throwing the cash register at him I finally bought
a choke cable to do the job with.  It uses a solid wire the whole way
through so hopefully that will work,  if not I just wasted $9.  I also
stopped at Discount Auto parts an hour before and recieved an incredible
likeness to ricks scenarion there.

Thanks Patrick
Patrick Bowen
'79 Spitfire