How to beat some idiot part guys

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: How to beat some idiot part guys
From: SpitfireKP@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 14:26:09 EST
I have found that Pep Boys can be depended upon to get most of the parts I
need. However, their service, well, sucks. One night, I waited over 30 minutes
while some moron kid tried to figure out how to order new brake rotors. I was
about to jump over the counter and do it myself. Then the cash register
wouldn't read the magnetic strip on my dad's credit card. The check-out guy
had no idea what to do with such a crisis, so he had to find the manager. By
the time I was done, I had waited 45 minutes just for them to order the rotors
and pay for them. When they finally got them in, they said I hadn't paid for
it, when I indeed had, and the manager had to be called again. The reason for
all this was that all of the people working there were the same age or younger
than me (18). The key to avoiding all this ridiculous waiting is to go on a
weekday before 4 PM. This is when all the moron kids are at school. The only
people working at this time are the older folks who know what they are doing.
Evidence: I drove directly from track practice to Pep Boys, and made it at
about 4PM. I ordered a new alternator and in 5-10 minutes I was out of there.
The counter guy even knew what a Spitfire was! I went to pick it up before
practice (2:15 or so) and in spite of the fact that both me and my dad had
accidentally ordered the same part, I was out of there in 5-10 minutes with
the alternator and credit for the extra. You just have to know who to avoid.

Kris Powell
1974 Spitfire 1500