Exhaust Systems

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Exhaust Systems
From: "James Carpenter" <jc_carpenter@softhome.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 17:27:23 -0000
Hi there,

Had the top down today, it was sunny, but still about 2 degrees out.  I then
turned off my CD player, and I them heard the sound of a blowing exhaust.  I
thaught someones going to have to spend some money, then I slowly realised
that that someone was me.

It's snapped arround the weld of the exit pipe on the read silencer, and
getting worse.  So I have put some string from the tow eye to the bumper
mount to take the strain off, and I am looking for a new rear box.

I have two posibilitys, one is a new mild steel rear box for £50 except
fixings, or a complete stainless steel semi sport system with an adapter to
fit the standard manifold £180 quid all in.  The stainless steel system has
a life time garantee, if it goes wrong whilst I own the car then it get's
replaced for free.  It's from TRGB. (http://www.trgb.co.uk I think)

The system is a manifold adapter to a wide bour tube going to a Y shaped bit
with two silencers.  It has a "more sporty sound".

Does going this route meen that I will have to get new jet's for the SU's or
not.  How loud are they!  Does having a SS system increese the value of the
car by much. My car is never going to be councours it's had lots of bits
done to it to cope with modern trafic so it cant make it go down in price.