Re: Bleeding the Clutch

To: "Craig Smith" <CraigS@iewc.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bleeding the Clutch
From: "James Carpenter" <jc_carpenter@softhome.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 17:47:53 -0000
Just to say, I replaced the rubber seals in my car, so I disconected the
clutch MC.  Replaced them, put the fluid back in, replaced the MC, went to
try the clutch and it didn't need bleeding atall.  I eventualy got round to
bleading it after 200 miles and it made no difference at all.

I would start looking somewhere else,  try looking at the slack in things
like the pivots, they often are not oiled and then wear.

You havent pinched a rubber seal when replaceing them,  I did that on the
front brake caliper.  Had to by a whole new kit for one seal.