The return of: I have some clutch problems too

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: The return of: I have some clutch problems too
From: SpitfireKP@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 17:15:43 EST
Thanks for your help. I plan on emptying the system tomorrow or Saturday. It
probably was bad or moisture laden fluid, b/c the last time I topped off the
reservior, the container looked kind of rusty and about 10 years old.
Something else, though: It was suggested that the pressure plate could be at
fault. Today (for the first time) the car started jerking and accelerating
roughly, particularly around crners and in second gear. Could this be the
pressure plate? The PO replaced the clutch, so he might not have replaced the
pressure plate. At the same rate, I adjusted the mixture on this past Sunday,
and the car also started backfiring today and got noisier. Perhaps the screw
vibrated to too rich or i set it too lean. Any suggestions would again be
appreciated.

Kris Powell