Horn switch question.

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Horn switch question.
From: Rick Gregory <rick_gregory@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 09:14:59 -0800 (PST)
The horns weren't working on my spit so I removed them and manually
fed 12V into them on the workbench. Nothing (no sound), even after
sanding/cleaning all the contacts. They are after-market generic
horns-high and low tones. They seemed corroded internally, so I
decided to replace them.

I went down to the local parts store (no comment) and bought two new
horns. I tested them on the workbench and they both worked good. I
custom designed brackets and mounted the new horns on the front of the
car and hooked up the wiring.

I then pressed the horn lever and still no sound. I'm not reading any
voltage out at the horn wires.

Now the wiring in my car was all butchered before I ever took my first
peak at it. I've been slowly getting things back in working order..
(the horns and the blower are my final two projects). I took apart the
steering column and I'm looking at all the contacts from the horn/high
beam/turn signals.

--> I can't seem to isolate the horn switch contacts to check for
voltage -or- even to just check the horn switch itself. Which wires
are my horn wires? Can anyone tell me please? Also, I couldn't find a
horn relay on this car... is there a live 12V+ feed into the switch or
is it a ground feed?

Thanks.

--Rick