Why my car was jerking

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Why my car was jerking
From: SpitfireKP@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 21:04:21 EST
        I finally figured out why my car was jerking. It had nothing to do with
the
clutch. After adjusting the mixture for an hour, I checked my distributor.
Apparently, the two clips for the distributor cap have vibrated right out of
the car. This explains why the car would jerk in second gear and around turns.
Physics says that acceleration around turns or in a straight line will cause
the now unattached distributor cap to shift. It still doesn't explain my
clutch problem, but with some duct tape, I was able to stop my car from
jerking all around. It runs smoothly now, save for the times I do't quite
match the engine speed when I shift.

Kris Powell