RE: 78 Spit Starter rebuild

To: "'Dave Chu'" <dave@ece.concordia.ca>
Subject: RE: 78 Spit Starter rebuild
From: Peter Cebalo <cebalo@NthShore.govt.nz>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 12:13:09 +1300
Hi Dave,

Problem is compressing the sping to get the circlip off. You can build a
tool to do this out of 1/4" steel and a couple of 5/16" bolts. You make
up two "C" shaped washers about 2" in diameter from 1/4" steel and drill
a hole each side. Put a 'washer' each side of the spring, put the bolts
through and then tighten to compress the sping.

I have a photo of one of these somewhere I can scan if you decide to try
and make one.

Hope this helps

Peter Cebalo

73' Spitfire Mk IV