Chassis Rot + Diff Question

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Chassis Rot + Diff Question
From: "Iain Wilson" <iain.wilson2@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 12:53:33 -0000
When I was rolling around on the garage floor under and around Holly (my
Mk3) I noticed that the inside face of the box section rear chassis turret
(the bit the damper is bolted into) is very rotten indeed - I reckon I could
have poked my finger through it if I was brave enough.

Is this part of the chassis highly stressed? could I get a plate welded into
that section or am I looking at a new chassis?

Regards

Iain & Holly (& Jan - it is Valentines Day after all)