RE: Tranny problems

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Tranny problems
From: Jambone <jambone6@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 15:01:36 -0800 (PST)
Thought I'd update everyone with the latest on my transmission problems:

Woohoo!!!  I just replaced the tranny and clutch in my '76 spit 1500,
and it works great!

I had broken part of my transmision where the shift lever meets the
selector shaft.  That was a side-effect of a problem in the gearbox
itself.  I got a great deal on another tranny here and swapped it out.
 Much thanks to Danny and Jerry for helping me pull and replace it.
I'd also like to thank the following people who responded to my
earlier postings: Joe Curry, Chuck Gee, Peter Cebalo, Tom O'Malley,
and Glenn Bowley.

We've got wonderful weather here in North Texas today.  It was a great
day to get my Triumph back on the road...

Brian Hill
'76 Spitfire 1500