Wheels

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wheels
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 00:09:26 -0800
Huw Upshall has 2 Spitfire 1500s.  One of them is sitting on a set of
most irregular wheels.  They look for all practical purposes like stock
steel rims.  But instead of the series of oval holes they are vented
with a series of slots (probably 8 of them).  I have seen pictures of
the Dolomite 1850 and it seems to have these wheels but not enough
detail to say for sure.  They are decorative and painted silver.

Can anybody tell me if this car was equipped with 4.5" x 13" wheels with
the same bolt pattern as the Spit?.  Otherwise, can anybody identify
these mystery wheels?

Regards,
Joe Curry

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer