Re: Slippy Slidy Rear End

To: <Growe58@aol.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Slippy Slidy Rear End
From: "Laura G." <savercool@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 11:12:09 -0800
>I prefer to think of the handling as "entertaining" rather than
>unpredictable.  Generally there isn't enough power to kick out the
>back in the dry, although wet roads are another story.  Snow is a
>chapter unto itself.  Lifting or braking while cornering hard
>is to be avoided unless you have a lot of road, a lot of skill
>or a lot of luck!
>
>You had the presence of mind and the skill to deal with the
>tail wagging when surprised by it - why not SAFELY explore the
>limits until your confidence in the car returns?  It really
>is tremendous fun to drive and has excellent handling - the
>key is to be aware of and respect the limitations.

LOL-I too, prefer to think of it as "entertaining" -- although, i can see
how it could be alittle unsettling to some: I was driving a friends '68 GT6
one day-and just going down a twisting country road was a little demanding
from the rear end swing! My '78 1500, on the other hand, even in wet weather
I can't get it to slide around (as much as I've tried-hey, this is my
entertainment!<g>)-it's just tight in a good sort of way.

And as you say-fun to drive and excellent handling-"hey, Dick I'll give it a
10!"

Happy Trails!

Laura G. and Nigel