waterpump

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: waterpump
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A. RP2)
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 16:20:30
I noticed some water underneath my car,  after investigation I discovered
it coming from the hole on the underside of my water pump.   Knowing this
to be a sure sign of a failing water pump I pulled the pump.  It was
actually in good condition.  After looking into the hole I found what
appears to be a round seal that has broken in half and no longer sits in
its seat.  obviously the source of my problems.   Is it possible to pull
apart the water pump and fix this or am I asking for trouble and should
just go ahead and pull out the fifty bucks this repair requires?  Thanks

Patrick Bowen
'79 Spitfire
Jacksonville FL