Sliding around in a Spit

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Sliding around in a Spit
From: SpitfireKP@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 19:43:10 EST
I have a 74 w/ a single Stromberg, and that car is a mess in the rain. Maybe
it is the 1984 vintage Sears sport radials on it, but I have to launch in
second gear and I have to be extremely careful on the gas around turns. Add
that to my shot rack bushings (being replaced as we speak) and driving in the
rain is an adventure. I drive the trusty Volvo 740 wagon in the snow and ice.
I found the reciept for the Sears radials when I bought the car, and they only
had about 1000 miles on them. They must be made of some beryllium/titanium
alloy posing as rubber, because after sitting for 13 years they don't have any
flat spots. Needless to say though, adhesion is not their strong suit. I lust
for a set of Pirellis, but knowing these tires, they will probably last
through the next ice age.

Kris Powell