Brakes not working well

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Brakes not working well
From: SpitfireKP@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 13:29:21 EST
I had a caliper stick once, and the pad wore down to the metal, which almost
totally eliminated my car's stopping power and ruined the rotor. I replaced
the pads & rotors, and cleaned up the pistons, and it is ok now. The rear
brake cylinders are easy to rebuild, but spring loading the brake shoes is a
major main in the rear. Try adjusting them with the small square screw at the
bottom of the brake. That may help, especially if you notice your parking
brake is particularly ineffective. With all these maladies though, I found
that new pads & rotors helped the most. I forget if it was $30 for both rotors
or just one, and new pads were $12 at Pep Boys.

Kris Powell