Re: Heated Seats ???

To: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>,
Subject: Re: Heated Seats ???
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 18:32:36 -0500
David,

Before the Spitfire list split off, someone was planning on installing seat
heaters in their Triumph, so it could be done I'm sure. Since the heaters
would be invisible (save for a discrete switch) I would not consider your
plan sacrilegious.

One thing I would check is the current draw of the heaters. My wife's
Acura, which has a 130 amp alternator, warns against keeping the seat
heaters on the High setting with other power-robbing accessories on. How do
you think a 34 amp Lucas unit would fare?  :(

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire (with seats heated by humanity)