RE: Heated Seats ???

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Heated Seats ???
From: Sam Gentry <hsgentry@cfw.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 06:27:11 -0500
Since, among other things, we are talking about spit heaters here is
something that I recently learned.  My son was complaining about heat in
his 72 Mk 4.  Just not enough.  In 40 degree weather he could tell on from
off, but not much more.  In 30 degree weather it was completely useless.
We did everything, flush, 180 deg t-stat, check for airlock in the core,
etc.  We were ready to give up when he noticed that the water path was
backward.  I had replaced the hoses and was careful to put them back the
way I found them, but the PO must have reversed them.  If the flow is
through the core then through the valve there is no flow (to speak of).  We
reversed the hoses at the engine and he had good heat.  Last weekend he
drove the car in 25 degree weather and had good heat.

Sam