Re: 1980 Alt.?

To: "Neil McAllister" <neil.mcallister@fvrl.bc.ca>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1980 Alt.?
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 20:22:09 -0500
Neil,

You are wise to be concerned, especially because your '80 has the electric
radiator fan.

The Bentley manual says the Lucas alternator is a 34 amp, type 16ACR.  I
know my original alt in my '79 is a Lucas type 17ACR.   Couldn't tell you
what the difference is.  Bentley DOES show different ways of checking the
1975-77 vs. 1978 & later alternators.

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire
Succasunna, NJ USA