Re: Spitfire/GT6 brake help required

To: "Terry & Cindy O'Beirne" <esp@hypermax.net.au>
Subject: Re: Spitfire/GT6 brake help required
From: Chris Taylor <spitfire@worldchat.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 20:35:45 -0500

Terry & Cindy O'Beirne wrote:

> I have just gone to fit a late Spit 1500 master cyl to get tandem brakes
> on my Mk1 GT6 racer and find it won't fit between the bracket and the
> vertical part of the bulkhead. Could someone with a late tandem brake
> car measure the distance from the mounting flange to the bulkhead
> please, or otherwise comment on this predicament??
>
> Thanks, Terry O'Beirne

Terry
I just measured my 75 Spit and there is 6" between the upper
rear most corner of the master cylinder bracket and the main
bulkhead. However the bulkhead is dished about another 3/4"
at the master cylinder to accommodate the reservoir.
Hope this is clear enough( hard to describe)
Chris Taylor
75 Spitfire( in middle of frame off restoration)
Burlington, Ontario