Timing...

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Timing...
From: A666K@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 00:30:49 EST
I'm sure this wasn't discussed before....sorry.
I just got a timing gun, and I want to set the timing on my '78 federal spit.
10 deg.  BTDC is easy but what about the vacum advance?  When I accelerate it
does its job, but I think too well.  It advances a lot.  There is a little
thumb screw on my dist. that changes the amount of advance, along with the
base timing.
So basically my question is: Can anybody tell me what my #'s should be along
the RPM range?  For example how many deg.  BTDC should I be at 2500 RPM  and
so on.
TIA,
Avi & Cheech the '78 Spit