Re: oil filters

To: Brad Kahler <brad.kahler@141.com>
Subject: Re: oil filters
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 10:17:46 -0800
Brad,
I use a NAPA Gold 1374 for my 1500 and i am sure that it fits yours as
well.  It's smaller and therefore easier to get your hand around to
remove, that the FRAM PH16.

I also have a UNIPART GFE 150 which is specified for the 1500 and is the
same size as the NAPA one.

Joe

Brad Kahler wrote:

> Listers,
>
> Periodically the subject comes up about oil filters and whether or not they
> have the anti drain back flap or valve in them.  I can't find any of those
> posts now and was wondering which filter should I buy for my 64 mk1
> spitfire that would have the anti drain back valve in it.  Oh yea, I've got
>the
> stock 1147 engine it the car.
>
> TIA
>
> Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
> My Web Site Http://www.141.com/triumphs (updated 2/15/99)
>
> 1964 Spitfire4 BFC25720L
> 1962 TR4 CT288L          -- 1965 TR4 CT38888LO parts car?
> 1959 TR3A TS41311L       -- 1959 TR3A TS53523L parts car
> 1951 1/2 ton Dodge Truck B-3-B-108

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer