Re: Overdrive story

To: Dean Dashwood <DDashwood@softwright.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: Overdrive story
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 11:24:32 -0500
Dean,

As long as your tranny tunnel is off, you can check the wiring and solenoid
as follows (a bit generic since I don't have the manual in front of me):

Solenoid disconnected from all wires: a very low resistance. (Infinite =
bad solenoid)

Power to Solenoid: Ignition on, tranny in 3rd or 4th (remember it only
works in those gears), 12V to frame from at least one of the wires.

Return line: zero resistance to frame.

+++++

Are all the motor's grounds hooked up?  Especially the one from the bell
housing to the scuttle. Its a good time to check them for tightness and
cleanliness.

Also, have you verified that the gearshift switch wires haven't fallen
apart again?

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire