Re: Do you carry a fire extinguisher

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Do you carry a fire extinguisher
From: "Marcus Schaper" <schaper@wam.umd.edu>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 15:38:29 EDT
> I read an ad in a magazine somewhere that said something about there being
> few enough of our cars on the road- it's a shame to have to sit and watch
> your burn by the side of the road with nothing to extinguish it wiht.

I can only second that. 6 years ago I lost a 65 VW Split screen
camper (Caifornia car, original Sundial interior, walkthrough !!!) to
an engine fire somewhere in the state forest between Kentucky and
Tennessee. Apparently, the fuel line broke and leaked onto the
exhaust manifold. If I had a fire exstinguisher then, it might have
survived. I now carry one in every car and two in any aircooled VW.

Marcus
Marcus Schaper
University of Maryland
Department of Government and Politics