Re: up in smoke

To: CraigS@iewc.com, njaremka@yahoo.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: up in smoke
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 11:26:36 EST
In a message dated 3/10/99 9:03:19 AM Eastern Standard Time, CraigS@iewc.com
writes:

> I bought the Mallory Chrome coil, It came with a new resister much
>  bigger than the factory one.  My understanding is that with this new 70k
>  coil you can still use the resister and get the added spark and all the
>  goodies.
>  RIGHT ?

Craig,

Depending on the coil and the ballast resistance value, you might get an
improvement over stock, but if the coil is intended to be operated without a
ballast, you won't get the FULL output of the coil if you leave the ballast in
place. For a discussion of ballast vs non-ballast coils, see the VTR article
at:

http://www.vtr.org/maintain/ballast.html

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN