Re: "Spitfire 1500" hood/trunk stickers from V.B.

To: Rick Gregory <rick_gregory@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: "Spitfire 1500" hood/trunk stickers from V.B.
From: Ken Tharp <kthinc@dwx.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 19:31:15 -0600
Rick,

> Has anyone here ever ordered the "Spitfire 1500" logo hood and trunk
> stickers from Vicky Brit? I just got mine in and there are no
> instructions. They appear to be covered with a "waxpaper" type backing
> on BOTH sides. Someone here suggested they may need to be dipped into
> water to activate the adhesive.
>
> Do I peel off the backside first, then dip into water. Then apply to
> the car... and finish by peeling off the front-side paper?

It's been about a year ago that I bought the logo decals from Victoria
British that you just bought. I believe that all you need to do is peel
the backing off of the side that will attach to the car. With that off,
carefully place the decal in its place. I'd suggest working from the
middle out to the sides. I don't think I used anything but my fingers to
do the smoothing, and mine are laying very flat to the car (no air
bubbles).

Joe's comments about cleaning the car thoroughly should be followed, but I
don't believe you'll need any water to affix the decals.

Good luck!
--
Ken Tharp
79 Spit 1500 (w/ decals)