Re: The ever-increasing cost of Spitfires

To: "Curtis Eads" <curtiseads@geocities.com>,
Subject: Re: The ever-increasing cost of Spitfires
From: "Laura G." <savercool@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 21:27:47 -0800
Nigel has an engine that is perfectly balanced in every way cause the po
used to race and that's what he wanted. And an extra engine -if I need it.
ANd all I paid was $6700! In fact, Dave always says that restoration isn't a
really profitable proposition-not if you do a really really killer job.
Because no one would pay the amount that you _really_ put into it. So...I
just don't know if this guy ir reasonable or dreaming.

p.s.-the paint for my car was 3k-just for the material-not counting clear
coating and the work. I have all the reciepts. Tha parts alone were more
like $9000. Doesn't count the actual sweat and work. So, I can't see how
this guy is for real.

Also-doesn't the picture look like some sort of clip art?

My .02$

Laura G. and Nigel