Re: Color of road wheels?

To: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil
Subject: Re: Color of road wheels?
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 13:32:20 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 18 Mar 1999 jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil wrote:

> Speaking of Wheel colors, both my '76 and '79 have black wheels but almost
> every other spit I have seen have the silver what is the deal?  BTW both of
> my cars are originaly red.

AFAIK, Silver was the color. Replacement wheels were sometimes supplied
not in silver, but in perhaps whatever variety of primer was about the
wheel shop. I've got older "solid" GT6 wheels bought from a dealer that
were a dark grey primer. Perhaps yours were a black primer? Or just
coincidentally, the POs of your cars liked black wheels?

--Andy