Re: Color of road wheels?

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: Color of road wheels?
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A. RP2)
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 14:52:09
Now the wheels I have seen from the factory had Black hubcaps, mine are
silver and are apparently original.  They wouldn't have silver wheels with
silver hubs would they?  Have I come across an oddity here or is there
anyone else on the list that has black wheels on their spit?  Now I am
getting curious.

Patrick

At 01:32 PM 3/18/99 -0500, Andrew Mace wrote:
>On Thu, 18 Mar 1999 jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil wrote:
>
>> Speaking of Wheel colors, both my '76 and '79 have black wheels but almost
>> every other spit I have seen have the silver what is the deal?  BTW both of
>> my cars are originaly red.
>
>AFAIK, Silver was the color. Replacement wheels were sometimes supplied
>not in silver, but in perhaps whatever variety of primer was about the
>wheel shop. I've got older "solid" GT6 wheels bought from a dealer that
>were a dark grey primer. Perhaps yours were a black primer? Or just
>coincidentally, the POs of your cars liked black wheels?
>
>--Andy

>* Andrew Mace, President and                *
>*   10/Herald/Vitesse (Sports 6) Consultant *
>* Vintage Triumph Register <www.vtr.org>    *
>* amace@unix2.nysed.gov                     *

Patrick Bowen
'79 Spitfire