Intake manifold for Weber DCOE questions.

To: "Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Intake manifold for Weber DCOE questions.
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 21:10:32 -0500
List -

I am in the process of making an intake manifold for a single Weber
sidedraft.  As the price for the carb from the importer is <$250, I figure I
can make a good stainless steel intake for it and not spend *too* much for
the whole package.  My question for the list is if anyone has one of these
on a street or race spit, I would be interest in the runner length.  My
experiments say that runner length (length from car to intake ports) really
affect the performance. (high vs. mid RPM performance)  I know a lot of
other items enter into the equation (cam, etc.)  I am just interested in
what other people have come up with.  If you have one let me know - 1)
runner length, 2) street or race, 3) approx. diameter of runners.

Thanks in advance,

Bill