Re: Miata

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Miata
From: "Paul McMullen" <paul@bessacarr.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 23:08:48 -0000
Dear all,

Thanks for the info, I have seen them, I have driven them, just didn't know
the Miata bit! Personally I prefer the Suzuki Cappuccino, don't shout but I
would probably have one if I was 25 again.

spent all day underneath the rear end welding bits into the wheel arches, I
think the PO has shares in a glass fibre firm. Mind you he's a French chef
so he's used to unusual ingredients.

While I'm on I may as well give you a laugh, I spent three months early last
year scouring the adverts and driving my wife around the U.K. (and mad)
looking for a cheapish Spit to play with (hen's teeth).  I had just about
given up after seeing about the twentieth pile of rust with a soft top (and
was actually contemplating buying another X19 for the time being) when my
daughter says " Why don't you buy the one down the road?" ( What?!!!) " It's
been stood outside that hotel about a mile down the road for the last six
months, hasn't moved at all, shall I ask if it's for sale?"
So she did and it was and I bought it (cheap) as the French chef had gone
home to London(?). If only she had mentioned it several hundred miles
earlier.
By the way, it must have been one of the last one's registered in the U.K.,
August '81.

Regards

Paul