Re: Clutch questions

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch questions
From: Growe58@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 13:08:48 EST
I'm assuming that you mean that the clutch doesn't disengage.

I've had this happen to me several times; two of the more unusual causes were:

The pivot pin for the throwout bearing housing had sheared.  I was able to get
partial
disengagement only - horrible gear grinding etc.  Required removal of the
tranny to
fix, but the parts are only a couple of bucks.

One of the springs from the clutch disc fell out and wedged in the clutch
preventing
disengagement.  This required removing of the trans to diagnose and
replacement of
the entire clutch to fix.

Hopefully your experience will be less traumatic!  Good luck

-Greg