RE: Crane cams trade in deal on Allison Ign.

To: "'trunnell@mindspring.com'" <trunnell@mindspring.com>,
Subject: RE: Crane cams trade in deal on Allison Ign.
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 16:31:38 -0800
That problem sounds like the "POS" Lucas electronic ignitions that came with
the Spitfires!

I went through two Lucas electronic ignitions the first couple of months I
had my car.  Fortunately the car was still under warranty so they were
"cheerfully" replaced free of charge (back then they cost $235).  After the
last one bit the dust, I installed an Allison and haven't had a problem
since.

Reid
'79 Spitfire (mine for all its 20 years)