Re: Driveshaft

To: John Suchak <suchak@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: Driveshaft
From: "Dr. Faustus" <faustus@inconnect.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 13:10:43 -0700 (MST)
You're as bad as me and my R/C race car.  I've spent two weeks looking for
non-anodized 4/40 hex head 1" screws (I only need three), because the only
ones availible locally are purple and they just won't match the nice
silver-looking titanium screws I put in the rest of the car...

Andy L.

Anybody know someone who carries 4/40 aluminium machine screws?

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, John Suchak wrote:

> "detailed"?  It's the euphemism I use to describe the somewhat obsessive
> rubbing and polishing I perform on each part of my project car as it's
> reassembled.
>
> (We're talking about stuff like polishing the head of each and every
> brand new stainless steel bolt that goes on the car, or spending two
> weeks sanding, filling and smoothing the water pump housing so it looks
> good painted...
>
> It's a sickness really, but boy does the car look good.
>
> JS
>

> richard jackson wrote:
> >
> > Now I think this is an 'Americanism', but what is a 'detailed'
> > propshaft????  Do you mean rebuilt?
> >
> > I don't know, you yanks, never could understand you 100% of the time!!!  :-)
> >
> > Rich
> >
> > John Suchak wrote:
> >
> > > Okay, call me forgetful..
> > >
> > > I'm putting the (lovely, spiffy clean, detailed and painted) driveshaft
> > > back into my Spitfire and I cant remember if the "Coffee Can" (CV joint)
> > > goes up front by the trans or back by the diff.
> > >
> > > HELP!
> > >
> > > (None of my manuals say definitively..)
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.
> > >
> > > JS