Re: o/d xmsn

To: Thorn <tthorn@comp.uark.edu>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: o/d xmsn
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A. RP2)
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 10:00:25
Depends,  Was it professionally rebuilt? Is there documentation showing it
was rebuilt or is it a "yea, just rebuilt it"  type of deal.  Does it
include the shifter, solenoid, mounting plate, and mounts?  if the answers
are yes to the above and if they quarantee it I don't think upwards of $750
would be too far out of line (if it was actually rebuilt, depending on how
long ago)  If it is an operating overdrive that you don't believe was
rebuilt I would start talking in the $350 range.  Lots of variables
including your comfort level with that particular tranny.

Patrick

At 07:07 AM 3/26/99 -0600, Thorn wrote:

>I've a shot at a recently rebuilt o/d xmsn for my '79....  rebuilt by
>Snyders in  Greenville, SC.  Includes the correct drive shaft.
>
>What's it worth??
>

>harve

Patrick Bowen
'79 Spitfire