Re: Fwd: Up-Date Spring Re-Start

To: PVanDuyne@aol.com, spitfire <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Up-Date Spring Re-Start
From: Chris Pappathopoulos <ctpappathopo@students.wisc.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 08:27:37 -0600
I am no expert on this, but here is what I know. I am currently rebuilding my
engine so I
can take a good look at the cam. Assuming your fuel pump runs the same way mine
does ('74
about 60,000 miles), the cam may be part of the problem. The lobe that runs the
fuel pump
on my cam has a pretty significant groove worn into it from the fuel pump. This
may be
cutting down on the effectiveness of the fuel pump. I also remember reading in
an old
issue of Road and Track that while they were modifying a 1500 with cam, header
and SUs, I
believe, that the fuel pump was not pumping out enough fuel and they were losing
acceleration at about 50 mph.

my $.02
Chris Pappathopoulos